Free Online CEU Electrical Stimulation Course for OT’s
Monday, December 26th, 2022
Electrical Stimulation for Stroke Recovery. A review of evidence-based clinical considerations.
This AOTA approved online self-study continuing education class will introduce you to evidence-based practice surrounding electrical stimulation to the stroke population.
The online class is intended for medical professionals (e.g. OT/OTA, PT/PTA, Physicians, etc.) directly related to the rehabilitation of a patient or client. To participate in this CEU and receive credit, the participant must be a licensed, treating clinician. Completion of this course will reward the participant with .1 CEUs or 1 contact hour, following completion of the presentation and a ≥80% score on the quiz. You will have 90 days to complete this course.
Some of the Questions Answered in this Course Include:
- What are the different forms of electrical stimulation?
- What are the recommended parameters of NMES when treating stroke?
- What is the proper dosage for receiving electrical stimulation?
- Is electrical stimulation considered beneficial for pain?
- Is electrical stimulation considered beneficial for edema?
- Is electrical stimulation considered beneficial for subluxation?
- Is electrical stimulation considered beneficial for hand impairment?
- Is electrical stimulation considered beneficial for foot drop?
Following completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the different forms of electrical stimulation
- Identify the recommended parameters of NMES when treating a stroke patient
- List the electrodes placements for shoulder subluxation
- Watch Video
- Course Review
- Copy of Course Feedback Survey
About this Course:
To learn more about this FREE CEU and see other neuro courses, contact us here.